This section summarizes actions which are available from the various Project Window menus.
- Check Out, see Check Out.
- Open Working Copy, see Projects.
- Edit Working Copy, see Projects.
- Manage as Project, see Projects.
- Remove Working Copy, see Projects.
- Import into Repository, see Import into Repository.
- Set Up Local repository, see Set Up Local Repository.
- Open or Manage Projects, see Project Manager.
- Close, see Projects.
- Manage Log Caches, see Manage Log Caches.
- Settings, see Project Settings.
- Default Settings, see Project Settings.
- Exit exits SmartSVN.
- Stop stops the currently running operation. Depending on the type of operation, this action might not be applicable. On the other hand, while an operation is running, most of the other actions are not applicable.
- Reveal in Finder (Mac OS only) brings the Finder process to front and selects the currently selected file/directory.
- File Filter positions the cursor in the file table's filter field.
- Select Committable Files selects all committable files in the file table. Because SmartSVN allows to automatically add unversioned or remove missing files for a commit, such files are also selected.
- Select Directory selects the deepest common directory for all selected files in the file table.
- Select in Project selects the currently selected files/directories from the Transactions view or the Output area in the file table/directory tree.
- Copy Name copies the name of the selected file/directory to the system clipboard. If multiple files are selected, all names will be copied, each on a new line.
- Copy Path copies the path of the selected file/directory to the system clipboard. If multiple files are selected, all paths will be copied, each on a new line.
- Copy Relative Path and Revision copies the path of the selected file/directory relative to the project root directory and its revision number to the system clipboard. If multiple files are selected, all paths will be copied, each on a new line.
- Copy Relative Path copies the path of the selected file/directory relative to the project root directory to the system clipboard. If multiple files are selected, all paths will be copied, each on a new line.
- Copy URL copies the repository URL of the selected file/directory to the system clipboard. If multiple files are selected, all URLs will be copied, each on a new line.
- Copy Revision Number copies the revision number associated with the item in the currently active view (e.g. Directory view, Files view, Transactions view) to the system clipboard. If multiple items are selected, all their revision numbers will be copied, each on a new line. For example, if a file in the Files view is selected, this command will copy the revision number of the file to the clipboard.
- Copy Message copies the message of the currently selected revision in the Transactions view. If multiple revisions are selected, all messages will be copied, each on a new line.
- Clear Output clears the output displayed in the Output view.
- Use Customize to customize accelerators, context menus and the toolbar.
- Preferences shows the application preferences (see Preferences).
- Table Columns lets you specify which file attributes will be displayed in the file table, see File attributes with SVN counterparts and File attributes without SVN counterparts. The order of the table columns can also be defined here. (Alternatively, you can reorder them directly in the file table by dragging the column headers.) Select Remember as default to have the selected configuration applied to every new project.
- Refresh, see Refresh.
- Files From Subdirectories enables the recursive view showing not only files from the currently selected directory but also those from subdirectories.
- With Unchanged Files unchanged files are displayed. It is often convenient to hide them, as they are of no interest for most of the SVN commands.
- With Unversioned Files unversioned files (also within unversioned directories) are displayed.
The Unversioned Files option does in no way affect the unversioned files themselves or their SVN states. Certain operations, which can work on unversioned files, will include them anyway. Parent directories of unversioned files will continue to display the Direct/Indirect Local Changes state. To actually ignore such files on the SVN-level you can use the Ignore command .
- With Ignored Files ignored files within versioned directories will be displayed. Files from ignored directories are never displayed.
- With Files Assigned to Change Set selected, files which have already been assigned to a Change Set will be displayed. Otherwise, these file will be hidden in order to give a better overview of the files not assigned to any Change Sets. This option has no effect if the selected directory is a Change Set itself or part of a Change Set.
- With Remote Changed Files selected, files will be displayed which are remotely changed (see Remote State Types). Typically, this option has no effect if Unchanged Files is selected, because these files are shown anyway. An exception here are files which only exist remotely, i.e. files which are in Remote state.
- Update, see Update.
- Update More, see Update More.
- Exclude from Working Copy, see Exclude from Working Copy.
- Switch, see Switch.
- Relocate, see Relocate.
- Merge, see Merge.
- Merge from 2 Sources, see Merge from 2 Sources.
- Apply Patch, see Apply Patch.
- Commit, see Commit.
- Add, see Add.
- Remove, see Remove.
- Ignore, see Ignore.
- Delete Physically, see Delete Physically.
- Create Directory, see Create Directory.
- Rename, see Rename.
- Move, see Move.
- Detect Moves, see Detect Moves.
- Copy, see Copy.
- Copy From Repository, see Copy From Repository.
- Copy To Repository, see Copy To Repository.
- Copy Within Repository, see Copy Within Repository.
- Revert, see Revert.
- Mark Resolved, see Mark Resolved.
- Mark Replaced, see Mark Replaced.
- Clean Up, see Clean Up.
- Fix, see Fix.
- Open opens the selected files/directory. If the file table has the focus, the file(s) will be opened in an editor. The editor to be used to open a file can be configured in the External Tools section of the Preferences. For files, you can specify a limit on the number of files beyond which you will be asked before the files are opened at once; for details refer to the Tools section in the Preferences.
- Use Open in Repository Browser to open the selected directory/file in the Repository Browser .
- Remove Empty Directories schedules empty directories below the selected base directory for removal.
- Refresh Remote State, see Refresh Remote State.
- Clear Remote State, see Clear Remote State.
- For all other commands, see Queries.
- Edit Properties, see Edit Properties.
- Set or Delete Property, see Set or Delete Property.
- MIME-Type, see MIME-Type.
- EOL-Style, see EOL-Style.
- Keyword Substitution, see Keyword Substitution.
- Excutable-Property, see Executable-Property.
- Externals, see Externals.
- Ignore Patterns, see Ignore Patterns.
- Bugtraq-Properties, see Bugtraq-Properties.
- Merge Info, see Merge Info.
- Use Reload to refresh the file contents from the file system and recalculate the differences.
- Use Previous Change to navigate to the previous change within the currently selected file. If there is no previous change, SmartSVN will select the last change of the previous file (as displayed in the file table).
- Use Next Change to navigate to the next change within the currently selected file. If there is no next change, SmartSVN will select the first change of the next file (as displayed in the file table).
- For Ignore Whitespace for Line Comparison, refer to Compare Settings.
- For Ignore Case Change for Line Comparison, refer to Compare Settings.
- For Settings, refer to Compare Settings.
- Refresh, see Transaction menu.
- Mark as Read, see View menu.
- Mark All as Read, see View menu.
- Select Show Branches and Tags to display not only the working copy revisions but also revisions of the trunk, branches and tags. Refer to Watched URLs for details.
- Select Show Additional Watched URLs to display not only the working copy revisions but also revisions which have explicitly been configured to be watched by Configure Watched URLs.
- Ungrouped Revisions, see Grouping of revisions.
- Grouped by Days, see Grouping of revisions.
- Grouped by Weeks, see Grouping of revisions.
- Grouped by Date, see Grouping of revisions.
- Grouped by Authors, see Grouping of revisions.
- Grouped by Location, see Grouping of revisions.
- Use Merge to merge the selected revision to your local working copy. If you want to configure advanced options for the merge, use the default Merge command.
- Use Update to update your working copy to the selected revision.
- Rollback, see Modify menu.
- Change Commit Message, see Modify menu.
- Configure Watched URLs, see Watched URLs.
- Settings, see Settings.
- New Project Window opens a new Project Window for working on another project.
- New Repository Browser opens a new Repository Browser .
- Show Transactions shows the standalone Transactions Frame .
- Full Screen switches the program to full-screen mode. To get back to the normal mode, click on this menu entry again.
- Maximize maximizes the program window.
- Minimize minimizes the program window. On most platforms, to bring it back you have to click on SmartSVN in the task bar.
- Maximize View maximizes the currently active view. This action can also be performed by double-clicking on the tab title area of the respective view.
- Hide View hides the currently active view. This is the same as clicking on the Close button of the view. To bring the hidden view back, select the corresponding entry in this menu. For example, after hiding the Directories view, you can bring it back with Window|Directories.
- Directories puts the focus in the Directory tree .
- Files puts the focus in the File table .
- Output puts the focus in the Output view .
- Changes puts the focus in the Changes view .
- Transactions puts the focus in the Transactions view .
- Main Perspective switches to the Main Perspective .
- Review Perspective switches to the Review Perspective .
The subsequent content of the Window menu depends on which windows are currently open. For each window, there is a menu item to switch to it.
- Help Topics shows the online version of SmartSVN's help.
- Contact Support opens your email client to send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check for New Version connects to the SmartSVN website and checks, if there is a new version available for download. By default, this check is also performed when starting SmartSVN. You can configure the checking for new versions within the Preferences.
- Check for Latest Build connects to the SmartSVN website and checks, if there is a latest build available for download.
- Use Obfuscate Log Cache to remove potentially confidential information from a Log Cache so it can be sent to SmartSVN GmbH for debug purposes. Select the Cache to obfuscate, the Output File where the obfuscated cache should be stored and the Map File which contains the mapping between between real repository paths and obfuscated paths.
- Register switches to the Professional edition.
- License Agreement displays the SmartSVN license agreement.
- About SmartSVN shows information about the SmartSVN version you're using and about your SmartSVN license.