Logging periodical thread dumps is a built in feature of SmartSVN to track well reproducible, pervasive performance problems. To investigate a problem using periodical thread dumps, do the following:
- While SmartSVN is running, locate the settings directory: invoke Help|About SmartSVN and check the Information page for the settings directory (Settings Path).
- Shutdown SmartSVN (use Project|Exit and afterwards make sure that no more SmartSVN process is running).
- In the settings directory, open
smartsvn.properties(create this file if necessary) and add following line to enable the Debug menu:
- Remove all
log.txt.*files from the settings directory.
- Startup SmartSVN.
- Trigger the slow operation.
- Invoke Debug|Create Periodical Thread Dumps.
- After 10 seconds, shutdown SmartSVN again.
- Compress all
log.txt.*files from the settings directory as a zip or tar/gzip archive and send this archive, as well as a short description of how to reproduce the problem, to email@example.com.