Logging periodical thread dumps is a built in feature of SmartSVN to track well reproducible, pervasive performance problems. To investigate a problem using periodical thread dumps, do the following:
- While SmartSVN is running, locate the settings directory: invoke Help|About SmartSVN and check the Information page for the settings directory (Settings Path).
- Shutdown SmartSVN (use Project|Exit and afterwards make sure that no more SmartSVN process is running).
- In the settings directory, open
smartsvn.properties(create this file if necessary) and add following line to enable the Debug menu:
- Startup SmartSVN
- Trigger the slow operation
- Invoke Debug|Create Periodical Thread Dumps
- After a couple